Getting the kids to school. Running errands. Got to get to work. Under enormous deadlines. The phone is ringing. Your boss is yelling at you. There is so much going on. Everyone wants a piece of you. You’ve finally reached your breaking point and as a result, you’re feeling the pressure of it all. Life gets to all of us. Myself included. We women take on so much. We’re on the run every single day with no chances of slowing down anytime soon. Most of all, we’re feeling the pressure of everything coming at us on a constant basis. Every day we get up, get dressed, and go, go go. We’re not sure how to stop. Therefore, I’m ready to shut it all down. Then I realize that nothing will get done unless I do it. What is a girl to do?
Feeling the pressure. This is how my life has been the past few weeks. Now, I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that I’m so ready to give up. I’m at the point to where I’m ready to run away from all of it. This may be how I feel at this moment, at the present time. Surely, you’ve probably felt that way too. Then, our reality sets in. We can’t always run away. No matter how much we want to. Meanwhile, you may feel hopeless and frustrated. The pressure of it all is real. I’m here to tell you that there is a way out. There is light at the end of this rollercoaster ride. Here’s a secret: It starts with you. You are in control of you. You decide when enough is enough.
Sometimes God’s way of answering prayer is not by removing the pressure, but by increasing your strength to bear it. ― Elizabeth George,
When we’re faced with pressure, we need to handle it gracefully. With this in mind, this would be a good time to reach out to God. He’s the one that can do the impossible. To put it another way, you need to release all your frustrations and pressures to something or someone higher than you. God says “Come to me all who are weary and I’ll give you rest” Matthew 11:28 (NIV). Give all your cares and frustrations to Him. Now, it’s important to realize that you can’t do it all, no matter how much you try. In fact, I’ve tried it. It doesn’t work. Pressures of daily life will always be there. As a result, we must know how to handle them. How we handle these pressures will either make or break us.
Let’s discuss some strategies to releasing some of that pressure off of you.
- Relax. Being still and “quieting” the mind takes practice, but it can be done. This is also known as meditation. There are numerous guided meditations out there. YouTube is a great place to start. Find one or two meditations and start listening. Find a place in your home and get comfortable. Listen carefully to the instructions of each step. You get out of it as much as you put in it.
- Exercise Let’s get physical!! Exercise can help with your stress level. Exercising releases endorphins. Try yoga or pilates. If that’s not your cup of tea, start with walking. Go out for walks during your break or lunch at work. You don’t need to walk for a long time. You can get great benefit from a ten-minute walk. Walking or going on hikes in a park can be very relaxing. Focus on what you see as well as what you may hear. Getting away from all the hustle and bustle and finding a moment of peace can be very surreal.
- Tap Into Your Creative Side. Painting, drawing, coloring, craft making, scrapbooking, or even baking are great ways to release the daily pressures of life. Try one of more of these and see what you come up with.
- Turn It Off. We’re all connected to some sort of technology every day. We’re calling, texting, watching videos on our phones, tablets, etc. All of us are on technology overload. TURN IT OFF. We all need quiet moments. For this reason, I personally have a do-not-disturb app on my phone. Every night around 7pm, it turns on and everyone else gets turned off. If you’re not on the list that actually allows people to get through and reach me, you’ll be talking to me [maybe] tomorrow. I need time to get away and that’s a good way to practice self-care.
- Self-care. Treat yourself to a massage, a mani-pedi, or create your own spa day at home. Taking care of yourself is important. If you don’t take care of you, who will?
You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway. ~ Steve Maraboli,
In any event, we must learn to let go and release the stress. Your time to shine is coming. However, we must get our stuff together. In life or in business, we’re going to feel pressure. Ultimately, this is something that will not go completely away. But, it can be managed. Of course, it’s in all how you choose to handle things.
Until Next Time…
Hi there! It’s nice to meet you! I’m a successful single mama, mental health advocate, sports fan, blogger and all around fun person helping other overwhelmed and stressed women entrepreneurs to get hope, have faith and be inspired to push through their depression and anxiety so they too can live the life of their dreams. Say hello! I would love to meet you! 🙂