Facing your fear while pursuing your dream can be challenging, but must be done to get to your dream. In the pursuit of your dream, you may feel fear at times. Fear is this ugly four letter word that knows how to mess with our minds. Growing up, I was told that the acronym for FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. Though I do like the way it sounds, fear always made itself known loud and clear.
Fear is a natural response and it’s a part of life. This is true. Whenever you take a risk in something, fear is right there. Think about it. What have you taken a risk in, and you felt fearful? Trust me, there was a time in all of our lives when we experience this. Here’s another thing to remember, fear is never going away. As long as we pursue new and different things, fear will have a front row seat. Our handling of fear will determine if it has a front row seat, or sitting in the back. It’s up to you. You should not live your life in fear. I’ve have done that before and all that did was postpone the things I wanted to achieve. Some of those things I wanted to do, and because I was too scared to pursue them, also were gone. This is your time, do not let fear win.
Here are some helpful tricks to deal with fear as you move forward to achieving the life of your dreams.
1. Identify your fear. Ask yourself, what is it that you are afraid of? Are you afraid of failing? How about succeeding? Rejection? Try to figure out what you’re afraid of and then come up with a plan to get through it.
2. Always remember that you are in control, NOT fear. Fear likes to make us believe that it’s in control of us. Actually, it’s the opposite. We are in control and we have to change our mindsets to believe that. It’s not always easy to do this, but if you want your dream bad enough, you can push right through it. Along the way, take notes. It could be a learning experience.
3. Don’t avoid fear; deal with it. Like I stated earlier, fear is always going to be around. Don’t spend your life running from it. If you want to run from it, you’ll be running a long time and eventually you will get tired. Don’t run from the fear when you could be pushing through to your dream. Yes, it’s going to be hard, but I promise it will be worth it. Hit that thing head on and then move on. Maybe there is an underlying source for your fear and it needs to be dealt with. If you let fear win, what will you lose as a result? What dream will you give up on because of fear?
4. Feed your fear….with FAITH! Isaiah 41.10 in the Bible states “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” If God is with us, who can be against us?
5. Stop “feeding” your fear. The more you feed your fear (talking about it, thinking and stressing over it), the more it will grow. When you feed something long enough, it will get bigger. This can be hard to do. Start with your mindset. Feed your mind with positive things (affirmations, meditation, reading your Bible, etc.)
The pursuit of your dream will be at times hard, but also a wonderful journey. Don’t allow fear to control you into not pursuing your dream. Keep Pushing Through.
Keep the Faith…….
Hi there! It’s nice to meet you! I’m a successful single mama, mental health advocate, sports fan, blogger and all around fun person helping other overwhelmed and stressed women entrepreneurs to get hope, have faith and be inspired to push through their depression and anxiety so they too can live the life of their dreams. Say hello! I would love to meet you! 🙂