When we’re faced with things in our lives, sometimes a little motivation can go a long way. It can be a kind word from a friend or relative or it could be an inspiring quote from someone you admire. Either way, we can all use some powerful and uplifting words. Below, I’m sharing 20 of my favorite quotes that have inspired me to keep moving forward. Believe it or not, they do come in handy. Enjoy.
1. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. ~ Mayo Angelou
2. If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney
3. My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned, and that’s ok. ~ Rachel Wolchin
4. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. ~ Eckhart Tolle
5. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
6. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. ~ Dalai Lama
7. The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” ~ C. JoyBell C.
8. You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own. ~ Michelle Obama
9. It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on. ~ Steve Maraboli
10. Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
11. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. ~ Oprah Winfrey
12. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. ~ Gerard Way
13. It’s never too late, never too late to start over, never too late to be happy. ~ Jane Fonda
14. Keep the Faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up. ~ Unknown
15. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. ~ Oprah Winfrey
16. Nobody is more responsible for your happiness than you are. Stop giving people power they don’t deserve. ~ Unknown
17. If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough. ~ Meister Eckhart
18. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. ~ Og Mandino
19. Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you! ~ Steve Maraboli
20. Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it. ~ C. JoyBell C.
I hope that at least one quote has inspired you in some way to keep moving forward in your life. Yes, there are times when life will get hard. Have faith and continue to take one step at a time.
Until next time…
Hi there! It’s nice to meet you! I’m a successful single mama, mental health advocate, sports fan, blogger and all around fun person helping other overwhelmed and stressed women entrepreneurs to get hope, have faith and be inspired to push through their depression and anxiety so they too can live the life of their dreams. Say hello! I would love to meet you! 🙂