It’s already May and Mother’s day is around the corner; Sunday, May 13, 2018. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful day.
For those of you that still have your mom with you, be grateful. She’s still around to share life with you, guide you when you need it, scold you even if you’re grown, and be an all-around support to you. If your mother is no longer with us, I do believe she is watching down on you. <3
Being a mom is one of life’s greatest gifts. It’s hard work, but it’s also important work. Moms come in all shapes, sizes, and definitions. It’s not just limited to biological moms and children. It includes the village of moms on the block that helps to “raise” our kids. That saying “It takes a village to raise a child” is so true. I’m grateful for those that helped me to “raise” my child. There is so much wisdom and lessons to be learned in this village and I want to take a minute to say thank you to my village.
Below are 19 Inspiring Mother’s Day quotes. There’s a lot more I believe would be a good addition to this list, but I’m not trying to overwhelm anyone. I do hope that you enjoy the following quotes. Maybe one of these can be great to add to a card.
*The post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase
after clicking on my link at no additional cost to you. Read the full Disclosure statement here.*
Words of WisdomOf all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. ~ Lin Yutang Click To Tweet
- God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. ~ Jewish Proverb
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ~ Robert Brownin
- Blessed is a mother that would give up part of her soul for her children’s happiness. ~ Shannon L. Alder
- Great mothers live lives of quiet optimism and hope. ~ Reed B. Markham
- A mother always has to think twice: once for herself and once for her child. ~ Sophia Loren
- All I am I owe to my mother ~ George Washington
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love. ~ Mildred Vermont
- All mothers are working mothers. ~ Unknown
- Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears. ~ Kate Winslet
- Mothers were meant to love us unconditionally, to understand our moments of stupidity, to reprimand us for lame excuses while yet acknowledging our point of view, to weep over our pain and failures as well as cry at our joy and successes, and to cheer us on despite countless start-overs. Heaven knows, no one else will. ~ Richelle E. Goodrich
- As is the mother, so is her daughter. ~ Ezekiel 16:4
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~ Honore De Balzac
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind. ~ Michael Jordan
Need a Last Minute Gift for Mom?
If you’re still looking for a gift for your mom or grandmother, Etsy has some great things. I love Etsy.com. You can find ANYTHING there. To get you started, I’m sharing a few things that I found. I’m waiting for mine to come in the mail. Something simple, beautiful and affordable. I’m sure that whatever you decide to get for your mom, even a card, she will love it as it came from you.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day. If you’re a single mom like me, treat yourself extra special and don’t you dare feel guilty. We deserve to have a great Mama’s Day too.
Until Next Time!
Hi there! It’s nice to meet you! I’m a successful single mama, mental health advocate, sports fan, blogger and all around fun person helping other women entrepreneurs to get hope, have faith and be inspired to push through their depression and anxiety so they too can live the life of their dreams. Say hello! I would love to meet you! 🙂